Webinar: Nordic-Baltic Co-operation at a Crossroad
20 January 2021
On the 20th of January 2021, 9-11 am CET, the Nordic Council of Ministers and Oxford Research hosts a webinar on Nordic-Baltic co-operation. How can the Nordic-Baltic relations develop in a dynamic context and in possible new priorities? How can political stability and economic development be promoted through Nordic-Baltic co-operation?
How can countries in the region learn from each other, when facing sometimes similar, sometimes diverging societal challenges? How can the new vision 2030 for the Nordic Council of Ministers, with its focus on green development, competitiveness and socially sustainable development, be instrumental in the process?
How can we benefit from the exchange of culture, ideas and best practices? And what are the relevant barriers to be addressed?
These and many other questions will be addressed at a webinar organized by the Nordic Council of Ministers and Oxford Research as part of the ongoing evaluation of the Nordic-Baltic cooperation.
Click here for more info & registration.Program:
09:00-09:10 - Welcome and introduction by Jonas Wendel, Chief of Staff, Secretary General's Office and moderator Dr. Kim Hannemann Møller, owner of Oxford Group.
09:10-09.40 - 1st panel: Socio-economic development and co-operation
- Mr. Erkki Tuomioja, Member of the Finnish Parliament and the Presidium of the Nordic Council on regional co-operation and economic progress
- Mr. Helge Pedersen, Group chief economist in Nordea, on economic Outlook and co-operation in the region.
- Dr. Trine Villumsen Berling, Senior Researcher at Danish Institute for International Studies on Nordic-Baltic energy networks and co-operation
10:00-10:30 - 2nd panel: Potentials for future co-operation
- Mrs. Žydrūnė Vitaitė, Co-founder of Women Go Tech, on benefits of Nordic-Baltic co-operation and exchange.
- Mr. Mart Laidmets, Secretary General Estonian Ministry of Education and Research, on education and research co-operation in the Nordic-Baltic region.
- Mrs. Gunta Sloga Executive director Baltic Center for Media Excellence on Nordic-Baltic co-operation for regional media development
10:50-11:00 - Closure by Jonas Wendel, Chief of Staff, Secretary General's Office
< Back to events