We benefit from an excellent cooperation with the Norwegian Embassy in Latvia. Ambassador Kristian Ødegaard is our Honorary member and Agnese Cimdiņa, Adviser Business relations & EEA/Norway Grants is representing the Embassy on the NCCL Board.
We also cooperate through “Team Norway” (Embassy, NCCL and invited business representatives).
Greetings from Norwegian Ambassador Kristian Ødegaard
"Supporting Norwegian companies abroad is one of the main priorities of the Norwegian Embassy. As Ambassador of Norway to Latvia it is my privilege to work closely with the Norwegian-Latvian business community. Over the years Norway and Latvia have built a strong economic relationship. Norway is among the biggest foreign investors in Latvia with companies present in various sectors across the country.
Joint initiatives to promote sustainable leadership and business practice
- In 2014, Responsible Leadership and the changing role of businesses in society was adressed by Sven Mollekleiv, DNV GL, Baiba A. Rubesa, Citadele Banka, and by 6 Norwegian companies presenting how they practice Responsible Leadership in their organizations.
- In 2013 the Minister of Economics Daniels Pavluts attended a conference on Business Integrity initiated by Delna (Transparency International Latvia) and the Norwegian Embassy where the international business community handed over a list of improvements needed to increase transparency in Private and State Owned Enterprises.
- In 2011 we invited to a conference on anti-corruption: “Increase your competitiveness by building an anti-corruption culture” with speakers from Transparency International in Norway and Latvia.
- In 2010 we focused on "CSR, Entrepreneurship and best Management practices", with the Norwegian State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Erik Lahnstein and Professor of Economics from the BI Norwegian Business School, Dr Erling Steigum as some of the speakers.
- In 2009 another Professor from the same institution, Dr. Torger Reve shared his knowledge on "National Competitiveness and Development of Successful Clusters".
- The Norwegian Embassy have also supported the Maritime sector in Latvia with transfer of Norwegian expertise.